Slot Machines were invented in the late 1800's by Charles Fey, around the same time as the technological advances that brought us the phonograph, the telephone, and the automobile. Their ease of use, quick results, and bigger payouts for smaller bets, makes them the most popular and most played game in the casino.
Object of the Game
The object of the game is to receive a winning combination of symbols along an active pay line to win a corresponding jackpot.
How to play
This video slot machine has 6 digital displays:
- Credits : The total number of coins remaining in your balance. This value will adjust according to the coin denomination setting of the slot machine.
- Paid : The number of coins won from the last pull.
- Lines : The total number of pay lines that you have selected. You are paid only for winning combinations that occur on selected pay lines.
- Coins Per Line : The total number of coins being wagered on each of the selected pay lines.
- Total Bet : This is the total number of coins to be wagered on the next spin. This is equal to the number of selected lines multiplied by the number of coins per line.
- Coin Value : This is the monetary value of each coin.
The slot machine also has 6 buttons:
- Cash Out : Resets the number of coins per line to 0, returning them to your balance.
- Select Line : The select line buttons allow you to select the pay lines that will be active during the next spin. A minimum of one line must be selected before you will be able to spin the reels. Selecting all five lines offers the best opportunity to catch a winning combination.
- Max Bet Spin : Allows the player to quickly bet the maximum number of coins per line and immediately spins the reels if at least one pay line has been selected.
- Coins Per Line : Increases the number of coins per line by 1 coin. If you exceed the maximum number of coins per line, the value will restart at 1. Once the desired number of coins per line has been set, and at least one pay line has been selected, the player may spin the reels manually by clicking the spin button.
- Spin : When at least one pay line has been selected and at least one coin per line has been assigned, the spin button will become enabled. Clicking the spin button will cause the reels to begin spinning. Note that cashing out or inserting more coins is not permitted once the reels have begun spinning.
- Pay Table : This button allows quick access to a summary of all the game's winning symbol combinations and their associated payouts.
Select a denomination for the slot machine. This will set the value of each coin played. Next, select which pay lines should be active for the next spin by clicking the Select
buttons on the left side of the screen. Finally, click the Coins Per Line
button to wager one to five coins on each of the selected paylines and press the Spin
button to start the reels. Alternately, you may also use the Bet Max Spin
button to automatically wager five coins on all selected lines and spin the reels (balance permitting).
Each reel will begin to spin and one by one stop on a random symbol. The resulting combination along any of the selected pay lines will determine the payout.
The payouts for the Tropical Paradise slot machine vary depending on the number of pay lines selected, the number of coins wagered on each of the selected pay lines, and the combination of symbols that appear on the reels along any of the selected pay lines.
Payouts are made based on the number of consecutive
matching symbols on each pay line, starting from the first symbol on the left. Matching symbols that are not continuous are not included when determining the payout. For example:
This combination of symbols would pay for the first three consecutive ALIGATORs. The last ALIGATOR was not in consecutive order, so it is not included in the payout.
This combination of symbols would not pay for the matching ALIGATOR symbols, because they were not consecutive starting from the first symbol on the left.
Scatter Pay Symbol
The MAP symbol is considered a scatter pay
symbol. The MAP symbol will pay based on the total number of MAP symbols that appear on the screen -- regardless of whether these symbols appear on selected pay lines. If you receive enough MAP symbols to earn a payout, the payout is multiplied by the total number of coins played during that spin. For example, if you played 5 lines with 1 coin per line, receiving 4 MAP symbols would pay 5 x 1 x 25 = 125 coins
The FOOTPRINT symbol is considered wild.
A FOOTPRINT symbol may be substituted for any other symbol excluding the MAP symbol. The wild FOOTPRINT symbol may be used to start a series of symbols, extend a series of symbols, or fill in gaps between a series of symbols.
The bet amount for the Tropical Paradise slot machine is determined by the value/denomination of the coin being played, the number of active lines selected, and the number of coins being wagered on each of those active lines. The total amount bet is equal to the number of selected lines x the number of coins per line x the coin value.
selecting three lines and betting five 25¢ coins per line results in a bet of 3 x 5 x 25¢ = $3.75.
There is a digital bet display in the bottom right corner of the slot machine that allows you to select coin denominations. As you change the value of the coins being played, you'll notice that the number of credits adjusts itself accordingly.
$100 will provide the user with 400 25¢ credits (100 ÷ 0.25 = 400). If you increase the coin value to $5, the number of credits drops to 20 (100 ÷ 5 = 20).
All payouts are made using the same value of coin used to make the bet.
To set your bet, select the lines you wish to bet on by clicking the select line
buttons on the left side of the screen. Clicking each line selection button will display a black line over the reel positions that make up that pay line. The symbols that appear along these selected pay lines will be used to determine a final payout. You may select one to five lines. Selecting more than one line offers you the chance to win on multiple lines simultaneously.
Next, you must decide how many coins to wager on each of the selected lines. To quickly bet the maximum number of coins on each line and start the game immediately, click the Max Bet Spin
button. Clicking this button performs the same function as selecting five coins per line followed by clicking the Spin
button. If you wish to bet less than the maximum number of coins per line, click the Coins Per Line
until the Coins Per Line
display indicates the correct number of coins per line. When you are satisfied with the bet, click the Spin
button to start the game. The Total Bet
display shows the total number of coins bet during this spin.
Spinning de Reels
To spin the reels, click the Spin
button. Alternately, you may click the Bet Max Spin
button to quickly bet the maximum coins per line and start the reels spinning. Once the Spin
button has been clicked, you will not be able to change the number of lines selected,
the number of coins per line, nor the coin value for this spin. When the reels stop, the resulting set of symbols will determine your payout.
If the Spin
and Max Bet Spin
button are not enabled, make sure that you have selected at lease one pay line by clicking the Select
buttons on the left half of the screen. You must also assign at least one coin per line to enable to Spin